Sunday, October 12, 2008

Two Weeks Down and Four to Go

So far this radiation therapy gig is going well. The drive takes longer than the treatment and then I am off to work or to do some shopping before heading back home to catch up on a few chores. I haven't noticed any side effects, no burning or low energy. I am told that I won't be seeing that until 3 to 4 weeks into the treatment session. I have been applying aloe vera 99% twice a day and hoping that is enough.

I have heard all sorts of different responses from people - no tiredness and very little burning, others have said they were soooooo tired towards the end, some had burning and were feeling pretty sensitive, others just had flakiness. So I am hoping for the best outcome for myself. I did notice during chemotherapy that when they had told me that I would very likely feel verrrrryyy tired that evening, I went home and felt verrryyy tired. The next morning I had gotten up and felt great and decided most of it was due to suggestion. So this time I will be keeping that in mind and am determined NOT to get verrrrryyyyy tired.

Overall things are doing well, hair on the head is slowly growing back, mostly dark brown (oh, that was what my original color was!) along with a good mixture of gray (sigh). It seems to be slow, but it has grown probably a 1/2 inch now. I am hoping that in 2 months or less I will be able to remove the wig and unveil my new head of hair (newly dyed and hopefully somewhat styled).

I have been feeling fairly energetic, but unfortunately have been gaining more weight back. I am up to 117 lbs. now. The brain is still operating a little slow and memory is still a little vague, but things seem to be slowly coming back and concentration isn't as difficult. So overall doing well and looking forward to the end of this last treatment phase. Yah!!!

No comments: