Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going, going, gone?

I received my second to the last chemotherapy treatment last Wednesday and did as well as the previous time. Not near as much aching and what I did have was helped by the Tylenol.

I met my surgeon today for a short visit. She mentioned that the mammogram I had recently did not show the tumor. It was only able to be seen on the MRI, barely, as it has reduced significantly. She is thinking that she may want to have the radiologist put a 'wire' into the tumor while using ultrasound so that she makes sure she removes the right area. (That would be helpful!) As this is the larger breast she was saying as how she could probably pull it over and cover up the 'dimple' that will be left. After I left her office I was kicking myself as I didn't even think to ask her about doing a simple lift at the same time. Damn!

The surgeon said that this would be a simple outpatient procedure and that I would be going home the same day with a drain under my arm which would be removed a few days later. The surgery is scheduled on Friday, August 8th after I have received my last chemo treatment next week on Wednesday, July 16th. I am starting to see an end to all of this! Yeah! Then I will still have radiation therapy to go through, but I will have at least a month off with no treatments before I start that. Gee, what am I going to do with all that extra time?! Paul will expect me to actually get off my duff and do a little work around the house. Thbpppt! :)

No comments: