Friday, April 4, 2008

The results are in

My ultrasound is negative, or shows no signs of cancer, for the other boob. My chest CT scan showed nodules in the lungs that contained calcium which is normal when there has been some scarring due to pneumonia (which I have never had) or other things. He asked if I had ever lived in southern California or Arizona (I did live in Arizona for 1 year) as there is that particular disease you can get in those areas with the dust, etc, a fungus of some kind. There was just one nodule that didn’t show the calcium so they will keep an eye on that, but the doctor was feeling pretty confident that we were probably not looking at any lung cancer so that means I am still ‘keepable’. Sorry. I’m the only one who can make those kinds of bad jokes.

My chemotherapy will be starting on Tuesday and I should actually be in pretty good shape the first couple of weeks. After a couple of chemo treatments I understand you are supposed to be more run down, so I will get more and more tired towards the end of the 4 months. The doctor said that I will most likely lose my hair after about 19 days, 2 ½ weeks into the treatment, so I should at least get a scarf and be somewhat prepared for that event.

No comments: