Thursday, May 22, 2008

Knocked down again

Thankfully this is the last dose of this nausea-causing chemo drug. From what I understand the next 4 are supposed to be easier on the system with little or no nausea.

This time around they gave me some different anti-nausea drugs which knocked me out. It seemed to keep the nausea at bay, but I wasn't conscious for very much of the time. I did throw up a couple of times the next day after my nausea drugs wore off, but things got back under control pretty quickly. It seems this morning of the second day is treating me better. I haven't taken any drugs as of yet and will just play it by ear. Hopefully the majority of the nausea is done and out of my system.

It will be interesting to see how much quickly I recover this time around. And hopefully my red and blood cells will not have taken too low of a dip. At the time of my chemo my white blood cells were clear up to 21! and my red blood cells had just creeped up from 25 to 27 - they would like those to be closer to 35-36. At least the next chemo drugs aren't supposed to be as hard on the blood cells, so should hopefully start bringing them back up to a normal level.

No comments: